At Eltris we care about your privacy and believe in transparency. That’s why we are committed to being upfront about our privacy practices. We only collect personal information necessary to deliver our services and we handle it carefully and sensibly.
Below you will find information about the following:
1. Collection of Information.
2. How we utilize information.
3. Purpose of data processing.
4. Cookies, beacons, tags, pixels.
5. How we share your personal information and who we share it with.
6. International Transfers.
7. Security measures.
8. Retention periods.
9. Your Rights.
10. Age restrictions.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When you access and browse the Site (including when you submit personal information to us through data entry fields on the website) we will collect the following from you.
Information you provide:
- Contact information. We receive and store any information you enter on our Site. Our Site uses forms to collect your personal information including your name, address, telephone number, email address so you can place orders, request information, get support and use our services.
- Payments and billing information. When signing up for any of our Services, products, or programs, we may request additional personal and payment information such as your name, credit card information, PayPal or relevant service, billing address, personal, government or TAX identification number or other information including but not limited to certificates, tax declarations, forms, payment documents and other relevant documents.
- Surveys and contests. We may, from time to time, offer surveys and opinion polls and ask you to provide information about your experience and feedback for our services. Occasionally we may organize contests, sweepstakes, competitions, prize draws, or other promotions (collectively “Contests”) on our Site or through our Social Media channels and may offer a prize as a sign of appreciation to the people who have participated, qualified and/or completed our Contest. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, email, address, phone number, etc. Participation is entirely voluntary and it’s up to you whether you choose to disclose any information or not.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties:
- Automated information. When you visit our website we receive and collect information, which may in certain circumstances constitute personal information and which includes your IP address, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date/time and/or clickstream data. The information is collected by the server software (like Litespeed web server), we don’t analyze or process this information.
- Website Analytics tools. We use Matomo (www.matomo.org) to collect information about our website usage. The Matomo installation is hosted on our servers in Iceland. We don’t use Google Analytics.
- Information Logs. when you visit the Site, view content provided by us, use our services, ask us a question, request technical assistance in regards to our services, send us an email or participate in a contest or survey on our website, we automatically collect and store certain information in log files. This includes your IP address, URL, referral URL, exit URL, browser software, operating system, date/time, requests type to our Site and error responses returned by our Site or Services.
- Other information. Live chat is powered by LiveChat Inc. When you use our live chat service, you agree that the information (like your IP address, name, and chat history) will be processed by LiveChat Inc. and is subject to their privacy policies. Visit https://www.livechatinc.com/legal/privacy-policy for more information.
2. HOW WE UTILIZE INFORMATION
We collect, store and use the information you provide for the following reasons:
- Contact information. To contact you regarding the progress of your orders, status of the services, functionality changes to our products and our Site, and – where you have opted in to receive such information – other/new services, and/or special offers/newsletters we think you might find useful, we use email, telephone, and/or text message, as well as to inform you about hosting account issues, service interruptions or updates, service improvements or new products in accordance with our Terms of Service and applicable law.
- Payment and billing information. We need it together with your contact details, to open a Client or an Affiliate account for you, to process your orders and renewals, to enter into a contractual agreement for any Services, to invoice you and to fulfill our legal obligations for tax calculations.
- Surveys and Contests. Any answers to surveys and opinion polls are stored separately from your details and we anonymize the data collected, which can be used for ascertaining the usage of certain aspects of our Site and services and market research.If you enter a Contest, we use the data you provide for the successful administration of the Contest, to contact you or work with third parties to contact you in case you’ve won anything and fulfill prizes in accordance to the announcement and terms of the participation for the respective Contest. We may also, where you have opted in to receive such communication, and unless prohibited by law, use your information provided via our surveys and Contests to send you details about our services or offers.
Information we receive from your use of our services or third-parties. We collect, store and use the information that we receive from your use of our services or third-parties for the following reasons:
- Automated information. To diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our Site and services. This is not linked to any personally identifiable information, except if necessary to prevent fraud or abuse on our Site and systems.
- Analytics tools. to improve services on our Site (Matomo only).
- Information Logs. for diagnosing problems, administering our Site and resolving issues.
- Other information. To maintain your account and purchased products, to have an accurate record of any inquiries in case of a dispute and to identify certain characteristics that could help us optimize and improve our products and services.
3. PURPOSES OF DATA PROCESSING
When you access or use our Services, we need to collect, use, and otherwise process your information, as set out in this Policy. We are committed to your privacy and follow a few fundamental principles when we process personal data:
- We strive to collect only the minimum personal data that we need to deliver any Services to you.
- We aim for full transparency on how we use your information to comply with legal or other lawful purposes and respect your privacy.
- We make sure we only use your information for the purposes you have given us permission for.
We rely on a number of legal bases to use your information, as set out in this Policy:
- Contract – the use of your information is necessary to perform any contractual obligations in order to provide any Services to you or to administer any Contests you enter into;
- Legal obligations – our use of your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims. For example, if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or law enforcement authorities; or to use your personal information for tax calculations. Please note that we will only disclose information to law enforcement if there is a court order issued by Iceland. Legal requests from all other countries will be rejected.
- Our legitimate interests – necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as to:
– run, grow, develop and deliver our services;
– detect and prevent fraudulent activities;
– enhance the security of our network and information systems;
– better understand how people interact with our website;
– determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
– enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services and communications for the benefit of our customers.
- Consent – we rely on your consent for us to use your personal information to send you marketing information (such as our newsletters and promotional offers) by email, SMS, or telephone. You may withdraw your consent at any time by updating your personal Info/Settings in your user profile in our User Area, using our Unsubscribe option in relation to email subscriptions, or contacting us using the details set out in the “Further questions and contacts” section of this Policy.
4. COOKIES, BEACONS, TAGS, PIXELS
We may use Facebook Pixel on our website. That allows Facebook to collect the information that you have visited our Site and were interested in certain offers. We use this Facebook feature to promote our website and gain new customers.
You can manage your preferences regarding Cookies by modifying your browser settings.
You can modify your Cookie preferences straight from your browser. Please note that if you simply disable all of our cookies or cookies in general in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our Site will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting Site functionally required cookies.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND WHO WE SHARE IT WITH
All personal information collected by Eltris is treated as confidential. We disclose entire or part of your data in the limited circumstances described below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- If we are required by law – we will disclose information about you in response to a court order issued in Iceland and/or Seychelles. If we receive such court order, we will notify you before we disclose the information. If we are prohibited from notifying you, you will not be notified (however, this prohibition only happens in extremely severe criminal cases like terrorism or child abuse).
- Domain Registrars – the domain’s owner information (WHOIS Data) for any domain name is required and controlled by the ICANN-accredited registrar provider and the Registry for the top-level domain which you wish or have registered. We share your information to the extent necessary to comply with ICANN’s rules, regulations and policies, with rules and policies by the ICANN-accredited registrar providers we represent and the rules and policies of the top-level domain Registry. The registrar provider is located in Bahamas (www.internetbs.net). The use and disclosure of the personal information as part of the domain registration process is governed by the Domain Name terms in our Terms of Service and the applicable agreements with the ICANN-accredited registrar.
6. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
We host, store or otherwise handle your personal information within the borders of Iceland.
We will make sure that your information is not transferred outside Iceland, except for the cases described in our policies.
7. SECURITY MEASURES
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt the information you enter on our Site in order to protect its security during transmission to and from our Site. When storing information, we protect its security by encryption and pseudonymization of critical data. When we process credit card information and payments, the credit card is subject to tokenization and strong security measures.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures require us in some cases to request proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
To protect against unauthorised access to your account and information, we implement session management, login expiration mechanisms and the option of using 2-factor authentication for User Area access. As an additional safety measure, be sure to sign off when you finish using your account and your computer.
Although we take all these measures to maintain the safety and security of your personal information, please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed to be secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot fully guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
8. RETENTION PERIODS
Information collected on our website will only be retained for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. We will automatically delete your User Area account information 3 months after you no longer have any active services with us.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
By visiting the My Details page in your User Area, you can access, correct, change, and delete certain personal information associated with your account. If you need further assistance, you can contact us to request any of the following:
- confirm whether or not personal data about you is being processed;
- provide you with further details about how we process your personal data;
- provide you with a copy of any data which we hold about you;
- withdraw your consent to using your personal information, where we rely on your consent as a legal basis to justify using your personal data;
- consider any valid objection to the processing of your personal information (including the right to object to processing on grounds related to your particular situation where we are relying on our legitimate interests as a legal basis for processing);
- request to update or delete personal data which we hold about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal data.
10. AGE RESTRICTIONS
In accordance with Eltris Terms of Service, we do not sell products, provide services or collect information from any individual under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not allowed to use the Site and you must request your parent or guardian to use the Site instead. Should you have an evidence that someone under the age of 18 has bought services and provided their personal information to us, please contact us.
If we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice via our Site, at least ten (10) calendar days before the changes take effect.
Last updated: 30 Dec 2019