You might have already heard about web hosting. It is an essential need for online businesses. But have you really considered how to manage your business communications? Sure, there are ample free options to choose from. But is it really a good option when it comes to business email. Managing communications for your business can be best done with email hosting.
What is Email Hosting?
It is a service where the email hosting provider allows you to create customized email names as per your domain address. You either rent or buy the server from the host. It’s the server that handles sending and receiving email data.
The server is rented out to businesses only for hosting emails. Businesses use it to set up their email addresses through a domain name. As emails are sent directly through the server, rather than free webmail sites, the service is unique.
Different Types of Hosting Services
Being a business owner, you might have to deal with different online services. In this section, we will take a look at the 3 most commonly used services.
- Web Hosting: Web hosting is behind the existence of the website. It houses the website and maintains its connection to the internet.
- Domain Hosting: It is one of the most important services that help the website get up and running. The domain is a unique name identifying the website.
- Email Hosting: It is sometimes included in the web hosting package. But it is actually a separate service that helps in setting up a custom email address. Businesses use it to send and receive the email. The email domain names usually match the website.
Albeit, people get web hosting and an email hosting from the same provider, it is not obligatory. You can also get the email service alone without the website.
You might be thinking, why you should choose an email hosting solution when you can always use a free provider out there.
Well, the benefits of choosing an email hosting service are endless. Let’s take a look at the few benefits it offers.
Benefits of An Email Hosting Service
- Having your own domain for the business enhances brand consistency. It can also make you look more professional. In simple words, it serves as a testament to your business and helps your customers to recognize you immediately.
- It is scalable and is going to enlarge with your business. Scalability is important for all aspects of a business. If you get an email server, you can meet your short, as well as long term requirements. This includes customer support, better storage capacity, and adding more addresses to the domain.
- It increases the security of the inbox. With increasing data breaches in recent times and 90% cyber attacks coming via emails, it is understandably the priority for many businesses to protect their data. Email hosting encrypts your emails. Thus, it can’t be intercepted by third-parties.
- Another great benefit is you can expect to enjoy more uptime. This can be a big difference between an email hosting solution and a regular free email client.
- You can have better control over the services you are receiving. Since you are a paying customer, you are going to have better control over the support staff. So, you can get in touch with them when you face any problem.
- Email hosting services come with a wide range of options that will improve your workflow. It comes with tools that can be invaluable for your business. Hence, it is always wise to consider the functionality offered by the email hosting services to round out the arsenal.
Features to Look for in an Email Hosting Service
Now you know how an email hosting service can benefit your business. Here are a few features provided by email hosting services that you need to consider taking advantage of.
- Multiple Mailboxes: Do you have a small business? Is it growing? You need to make sure you can develop mailboxes on the fly. So, check if your provider is giving you all the mailboxes you require, to support business operations.
- Online Archiving: If you have access to your online email record, you can get a historical record of email transactions of your business. A good email hosting service like Eltris will provide 5-10 years of backup. Use it whenever you want to check the archives through the login portal.
- Mailbox Storage: Learn about your mailbox limit. Usually, the mailbox of a business needs to store large files and multiple emails. Hence, it is necessary to ensure that your mailbox storage is sufficient for you.
- Bundle Deals: Try considering an email hosting like Eltris that offers lifetime free services for a one-time payment of $299 for 10GB storage and $499 for 100GB storage.
- Scalability: You don’t actually know how many mailboxes or how much storage you require for your online business. If you have multiple email addresses, it will help in streamlining your business operation and improve your business image. However, the email accounts add up pretty quickly. Emails with large attachments tend to fill up the storage space faster. So, it is better to go for an email hosting provider that will meet your business requirements.
So, prior to choosing the right service provider, it is necessary to understand the technical terms. Know what you are signing up for.
Choosing the Right Email Hosting Service for Your Business
If you know the different types of email hosting services available and understand the hosting options, it is actually quite simple.
But before you choose the right one for your business, it is necessary to check the email hosting features. Make sure it caters to your business requirement.
For example, Eltris provides excellent features for small businesses as well as enterprises. You can easily sign up and get your professional email address today.